We are always looking to make the big score. We are the masters
of thievery and contraband smuggling. We steal what the weak can
not protect and use it against them. Our wars are won by bankrupting
our enemies and depriving them of the means of waging war.
Parasites, can steal most everything and needs too. Economy and
warfare is dependent on natives/contra/stealing. Very weak ships,
and planets. Completely dependent on other races for cleaning
up mine fields. Can only build farms on very few planets. Not
a beginner race.
- High growth rate
- Can steal fuel, crew, and cargo from ships
- Can steal food and money from bases
- Fastest pods at 120 LY per turn
- Boarding attack power for troops increase at a rate of
( Experience / 100 ) So an experience level of 240 gives a
ship a 240% boarding combat bonus.
- The Meteor Class Blockade Runner has fast Hype and Gravitonic
- Enemies are force to combat you in different ways than they
use for any other race.
- Ship scanners get a 200% bonus when it comes to scanning
enemy ground bases
- All ship weapons have a 400% kill bonus against enemy crew
- If a Privateer designed ship enters battle with the plans
of an enemy ship all the Privateer designed ships in the battle
get a 400% shield and armor drain bonus against that type
of enemy ship
- Receive 20,000 MC in HQ at turn 4
- Can not build cities (your income is not from cities)
- Unable to smelt metal ore
- Unable to use alien hull plans to build new ships
- Unable to give hull plans to another race
- Pods can not hold alien hull plans
- Very poor metals mining rate
- Lawless race, colonists grow very unhappy if you try to
tax them at high levels.
- Very narrow farming range, it is very hard to find good
- Very poor income rate, your income is not from taxes.
- The privateers lack several major Base Buildings that are
essential for most races.
- Bases with 1 million or more colonist are 3 times as noisy(easier
to see with scanner)
- No mine sweepers
- Unable to lay barbitic minefields
- No way of destroying enemy minefields
- Scanners have a very low chance of detecting minefield,
They have 1/8 the normal chance of detecting enemy mines.
- Only ships can train crew, troops and high guard. (double
- Ships are costly and make poor warships.
- No alchemy ship device
|Colonist to Crew
|Crew to Troop
|Troop to Highguard
|Minimum Farm Climate
|Maximum Farm Climate
Spy and Government
|Grecken Blood Wine
|Illegal Music CDs
|Alpha Wave Floggers
|Vaggen War Hounds
|Repterrian Psi - Geese
How to play:
Early game you need to get contraband and natives. I would also look
for famable and heavy Neutronium planets. Raise your Tech levels to
build a Lady Royale, your steady income will depend on her. The Meteor
Class Blockade Runner is to Privateers as the Cubes is to the Borg.
The dwarf is a poor but acceptable subsitute, just like how borg has
Make a special effort to get your hands on as many mine sweeper ships
as possible. Minefields are your number one weakness. Weak and costly
warships are the number two so try to aquire some bigger ships. (not
Evil Empire or Lizards)
Consider breaking your empire up into many worlds spaced far apart.
Try to hide in places that nobody has yet moved into yet. If attacked
by an overwhelming force consider just running away. Maybe build a jump
gate just for escaping if attacked. Lay a ring of gravitonic minefields
around your populated worlds so that you will have an early warning
of attack as ships slow down or are stopped by the minefield, especially
ones with hyper drives.
Ship Experience and Training:
Privateers can only train Crew, Troops, and HG on ships. Training crew
only needs colonist on board and room for crew, but for troops and highguard
you need 50 and 100 experience on the ship. You will also need to know
the ways to best get experience other than combat since your ships leave
much to be desired in the battle field.
- Ships can train 5% of their crew needs per turn from any colonists
on the ship
- Ships with an experience level above 50 can train 5% of the colonists
on the ship to be troops
- Ships with an experience level above 100 can train 10% of the
troops on the ship to be high guard
- Stealing cargo from an enemy resupply pod is worth 10 experience
- Stealing food from an enemy base with the cargo grappler is worth
10 experience points
- The money tap stealing more than 5000 mc is worth 25 experience
- Stealing an alien hull plan from an enemy base with the hull
plan napper is worth 50 experience points
- Stealing an alien hull plan from an enemy ship's computer core
is worth 20 experience points
- Stealing an alien hull plan from an enemy gold pod that is docked
with an enemy ship is worth 10 experience points
- Taking a Privateer hull ship away from an enemy by spacing their
crew with the "Auto Capture" attack is worth 30 experience
- Using a boarding laser on an enemy ship is worth 5 points and
10 points if the enemy is using a hull that is not of their own
- Boarding attack power for troops increase at a rate of (
Experience / 100 ) So an experience level of 240 gives a ship
a 240% boarding combat bonus.
- Ships unable to beam cargo to enemy bases
- Ships can only beam cargo to friendly alien bases if the
ship is using the target race's universal friendly code
- Privateer bases cause colonists on other bases belonging to
other empires within 200LY to grow unhappy due to having to
be near them. Other empires loose 10 points per Privateer base
near them. All natives except for the Ghipsoldals also loose
10 happy points a turn. The Evil Empire is immune to happiness
- If any race shares data with the Privateers the Privateers
will be able to see that race's universal friendly code